As a small business, it’s just not economically feasible to do all the things necessary to properly provide my staff the ability to work with, manipulate and transmit key information between one another as well as our customers.
Up to this point, big businesses had the funding to buy things needed for proper business infrastructure, while the “little guy” had to scrape by utilizing any free or inexpensive, lesser tools to try to compete. While that generally could work for a one or two person operation, the requirement becomes more mandatory as more employees enter the fray. The ability to easily collaborate on project, email back and forth, and even having the tools to create documents, spreadsheets and presentations , quickly became far too expensive for the average small business to afford; much less fully utilize.
At Akin IT Services, we’ll set your organization up with Google Apps. While we’re sure you’ve heard of it, most small businesses do not fully understand how to integrate and utilize the cost saving power of Google Apps for their organization.
In short, Google Apps can eliminate your need for an email/account Exchange Server, for purchasing and licensing Office Productivity Suites like Microsoft Office, and depending on your operation, can even serve as a method to eliminate or greatly reduce you telephone service costs as well.
Akin IT Services will work with you to install Google Apps for your organization which will enhance your organization’s ability to work cost-effectively while still being highly professional by offering the following services:
- Cloud-centric Organization. Don’t be limited to your office any longer to work, and don’t be locked out of working remotely because of the cost of remote networking systems. We’ll move your organization to the cloud so you can access your email, documents, projects and more from almost any computer (PC, MAC or Linux) with an internet connection.
- Email/Account Management. In the past, email accounts had to be managed by an administrator on a licensed Exchange server. No longer. With Google Apps, each user will be provided a large, branded email account that can be accessed from anywhere, as well as with a software product like Outlook or Firebird if needed. Online, the email account is far superior to other tools with it’s automatic threading, spam filtering, and simple search capabilities.
- Office Suite Production. Create documents, spreadsheets, presentations, drawings and forms online for internal or external use. These documents can be exported or shared outside the company in familiar formats such as .doc, .xls, .ppt or .pdf for universal use.
- Shared Calendaring. One feature that’s key for most businesses is the ability to have shared calendars. With Google Apps, you’ll be able to share calendars with anyone or everyone in your organization, schedule meetings with internal or external personnel, and more.
- Intranet Development. In the past, businesses could only afford an internal internet page for sharing business news with colleagues if they had a network server and a network technician to update it. This is no longer the case, as Google Apps comes with a simple to configure Intranet piece.
- Collaborate with Colleagues On Projects. The cost of infrastructure in the past made it tough for teams to work together on projects. Emailing back and forth between multiple team members in multiple locations can become very messy and redundant. With Google Apps, this is cleaned up through document sharing capabilities, internal and external chat functionality, and shared forums.
- Phone Service. Phone service can be the “make or break” cost of doing business for a small enterprise. With Google Apps, this cost can be virtually eliminated. Google Apps administrators can simply and efficiently set up a Google Voice telephone number which will forward to any phone, or even on any computer that has their Google Mail account opened in the browser. You can now allow employees to have a portable phone number without the expense of new phones, reprogramming, purchasing multiple cellphones, etc.